Monday, April 22, 2013

Blushing Bride....& Groom

It's been a while since I've made myself a new sample Li'l Newlyweds wedding cake topper bride & groom, so with the event of The Wedding Co Spring Show coming up this Saturday, April 27th at the Drake Hotel in Toronto, I thought it a good time to show you what I can do!

I love making sample toppers, for one, it helps me sell my craft, but secondly, I have the freedom to create whatever my heart desires!  The nature of the product is custom.  I design a little bride & groom to match all the details from the soon-to-be-wed.  I look at photos of the bride & groom, her gown, his tux, their flowers...and sometimes even what they wish they could wear, if their fiance would allow it!  Those are fun too, the hockey & soccer jerseys, the baseball caps, and even superhero emblems!  But all the details are predetermined by someone other than me.  When I make samples, they're all my own!  Everything I've ever wanted to try, I can do it with these samples.

So lately, thinking about my upcoming wedding show, and after having spent considerable time watching some of my favorite "reality" tv programs (namely Say Yes to the Dress (Kleinfeld in NY), Keesha's Perfect Dress, and lately, Something Borrowed, Something New), I was inspired by a dress I've seen on a few occasions.  Working from memory, this is the result:

























I decided to try adding some detail to the veil:






















...and I had oh so much fun making the bridal bouquet!:






















I decided to feature peonies with roses, stephanotis, and berries.

As is (almost) always, the bride is the real showpiece!
Totally in love with this design!  And this is why I love what I do :D




2 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice art.beautiful.
Chettiyar matrimony matches on Matchfinder is preferred by many Tamilian's to find matches.

Allyseek said...

Wow! amazing post..
For the best Saudi Arabia bride and groom profiles, register on allyseek's Saudi Arabia matrimonial.