Friday, July 31, 2015

Cottage North Soapworks...and a bathroom makover.

Oh wow, I wish I could copy-paste the fragrence of this stop from my weekend adventures!

Found on Main Street in Port Dover, Ontario, Cottage North Soapworks produces all their own soaps, and carries a selection of other locally handcrafted items, including my own Li'l Bouquet jewellery, and a specially commissioned Li'l Art framed sculpture to fit with the colour pallet of their collection.

I LOVED the way they displayed my work, with "Is It Just Me, Or Are They Dancing? II" center stage just behind the sales desk, accompanied by a Li'l Bouquet "petal pouf" hydrangea necklace on the ceramic bust.


And here's the rest of the Li'l Bouquet jewellery collection in store.


In fact, the whole store is styled beautifully!  Full of soft, watery shades that remind you of the cottage, beach (which is just down the road by the way), and summer!


All those beautiful soaps, I couldn't resist picking up one myself, though oh so hard to choose!  There were "beach glass" ones that I loved (you can kind of see them on the center table, front left in the above picture), but I opted for this soft green soap with bicycle relief (as a nod to the hubby's cycling obsession!).  And isn't this just the cutest bird bath soap dish?!!


Go to Port Dover and stop into Cottage North Soapworks, a must see...and smell!

Cottage North Soapworks
359 Main Street
Port Dover, ON
1-877-742-7475
www.cottagenorthsoapworks.com


P.S.  You may notice all the paint chips.  We've had to renovate our main bath (ceiling replacement), very difficult work that my husband has taken on all by himself (much appreciated)...the upside, I get to change up the decor!  As you see, I'm thinking teal for the walls, just not sure how light or dark to go. The floor tile is the same as the beige accent wall tile.  White subway tile, esspresso vanity, and a couple beautiful prints of my husband's photography.  On the one hand, I want to go light and spa-like, then on the other I want to go dark and rich!  Thoughts?


P.P.S.  So I decided to throw this one into the mix, "Pick Me II".  I may have to keep it for my new bathroom!  Hmmmm....does this mean I have to find a new home for "Itty Bitty Kitty"?...I'll keep you posted.



Subtle Details designed and handcrafted out of polymer clay by Karen Pasieka

3 comments:

Unknown said...

An awesome list that is definitely useful for Bathroom makeover! Thank you so much ..... Please check out my site Yahoo customer service number

Wilfred Andrews said...

Its always great to support local small businesses such as this one. There's not better way to show appreciation for the cottage other than buying from local stores. Often times people only like to shop at the Wal-Mart. Hand crafted goods tend to be of a higher quality than mass produced goods. Do you find this is true as well?

Wilfred Andrews @ LB Plumbing and Heating

Unknown said...

This is great! Local businesses supporting local artists are such an integral part of the community, and the way that they’ve displayed your work is extremely flattering. You should be proud to have your work displayed so prominently, especially in a store that obviously puts so much effort into creating a holistically pleasing style!

Lovella Cushman @ Perfection Plumbing